Sunday, January 23, 2011

There's Just Gotta Be More To Life Than This..

I'm always afraid of being honest with people... I know it doesn't seem to freak me out as much, I mean, I'd rather be honest with someone than lie to them. But I guess that's not the point, I just want to know, what if I'm really honest, and it starts to seem like my heart just spills everywhere onto the page that I'm writing on. Will people take it seriously? I know I'm going to be judged for it, and labeled a Jesus freak for it, and loose what I cherish over this Jesus, (like my friends) but that's okay though, right? I mean, I know it's going to happen and it's going to hurt. I don't know, I just hope I'm ready for what'll come from loving this Jesus more than life, and wanting nothing more than for the world to hear about how great He truly is.

I don't know what will hurt more, loosing friends that I love, or them rejecting the One who wants to give them more than they can possibly ask, and love them more than what could ever be humanly possible. But, I guess that's just one more thing I'm afraid of.. I'm still pondering whether or not it's really worth it? and I know that it is, I just wish it wasn't so difficult and that I didn't have much if anything to lose. I could lose my life over this... But whose to say that won't happen in America? Certainly not me.. I'm sure people have been killed over this here. It wouldn't be a shocker, would it?

It seems to me, that lately, I've been struggling with that sense of feeling like I actually have a purpose here. Of course, I know I have one. I'm not into buying all that weird stuff like you "live" and then you die... and that's it. It seems like with that message, that you're only existing, not living, and that it doesn't matter what you do now... There's just gotta be more to life than than just existing. I don't want to just exist, I want to live. Like really live. I'm so sick and tired of going through the motions of life. Game face off. I'm done faking, and this is me. I want to be real. I want to be closer to the One who made me. I want to be unashamed of Jesus.. I want to live out the purpose He gave me.

I don't want to get caught up in going through the motions of life so much that I miss the point. That's not what life's about...

I may be still struggling with finding my purpose here on this earth, but if one things for sure. I love my Jesus more than anything... and I know He'll never fail me. So whatever I'm struggling with, I know that He loves me. and that if I just let go, He'll take care of me. I know this. and I pray you know this too.

Remember:: Don't get so caught in the motions of life and forget your purpose. Live for Him. Live out the purpose He gave you... I know it involves making disciples who make disciples.. :)
ohh and He's forever faithful.


"Then Jesus came to them (his disciples) and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” " -Matthew 28:18-20 :)


"So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." -Isaiah 41:10


"“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” " - John 16:33


"However, as it is written:
"no eye has seen, no ear has heard,
and no human mind has conceived the things God has prepared for those who love him" - 1 Corinthians 2:9

"If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. 19 If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you. 20 Remember what I told you: ‘A servant is not greater than his master.’[b] If they persecuted me, they will persecute you also. If they obeyed my teaching, they will obey yours also. 21 They will treat you this way because of my name, for they do not know the one who sent me. 22 If I had not come and spoken to them, they would not be guilty of sin; but now they have no excuse for their sin. 23 Whoever hates me hates my Father as well. 24 If I had not done among them the works no one else did, they would not be guilty of sin. As it is, they have seen, and yet they have hated both me and my Father. 25 But this is to fulfill what is written in their Law: ‘They hated me without reason.’" - John 15:18-25

"he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything. Rather, he himself gives everyone life and breath and everything else." - Acts 17:25. Don't take the supernatural out of salvation. It is Jesus and Jesus alone who saves. We can't save anyone, let alone ourselves.


And remember, take your text and make a beeline to the cross. (Spurgeon)

If sinners be damned, at least let them leap to Hell over our bodies. If they will perish, let them perish with our arms about their knees. Let no one go there unwarned and unprayed for. - Spurgeon.

Oh! men and brethren, what would this heart feel if I could but believe that there were some among you who would go home and pray for a revival men whose faith is large enough, and their love fiery enough to lead them from this moment to exercise unceasing intercessions that God would appear among us and do wondrous things here, as in the times of former generations. - Spurgeon.

Groanings which cannot be uttered are often prayers which cannot be refused. - Spurgeon.


Shall I give you yet another reason why you should pray? I have preached my very heart out. I could not say any more than I have said. Will not your prayers accomplish that which my preaching fails to do? Is it not likely that the Church has been putting forth its preaching hand but not its praying hand? Oh dear friends! Let us agonize in prayer. - CS.

We should pray when we are in a praying mood, for it would be sinful to neglect so fair an opportunity. We should pray when we are not in a proper mood, for it would be dangerous to remain in so unhealthy a condition. - CS.

Alright, I'll stop quoting spurgeon for now. but his quotes are great.! :) But I hope it blessed you and that you've gotten the point. (: whatever it was. (:


- Kate.

1 comment:

  1. Wow Katelyn, I have been struggling with a lot of the same questions. It is really confusing, and a lot of times, down right frustrating.

    Purpose is something that I really have a hard time with, because I feel like since I have no idea what my purpose is, then perhaps I have none? When that thought passes my mind, I have this huge sense of worthlessness, but thankfully God steps in and reminds me:

    "I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you, not to harm you."

    Yeah, I still struggle with purpose, but I guess I have got to keep going. Because if I don't keep my mind saying that I do have a purpose, then I sink pretty low in a sort of depression.

    But God is so good, in all of my doubts, and all of my struggles He comes just when I need Him, and He reminds me, that He is with me.
    (Like that song by The Afters, Light Up the Sky.)

    Just a couple thoughts...

    John Mark,

    ReplyDelete