Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Set The World On Fire

Along side with reading 'Do Hard Things: A Teenage Rebellion Against Low Expectations' , I've been writing the campus ministry proposal paper for the next school year. (And yes, sometimes I really think I have lost my mind by doing this!) See, I'm a generally all around shy person who tends not to talk much. (I've come along way from the 'shy' girl I was two years ago! If you knew me then, then you've noticed that I've started to become alot more talkative and out there with my voice than I used to be... oh and I hated writing too... but not any more!) Sometimes, I do get frustrated and ask God, why did you make me shy? I mean, why not pick someone more talkative to do this campus ministry thing and do all the speaking? (Guess we'll have to see what God will do with me then!!)

(Set The World On Fire - Britt Nicole)

I wanna set the world on fire
Until it's burning bright for You
It's everything that I desire
Can I be the one You use?

I, I am small but
You, You are big enough
I, I am weak but
You, You are strong enough to
Take my dreams
Come and give them wings
Lord with You
Nothing I can not do
Nothing I cannot do


I guess no matter how frustrated I get, God can always use me... an unlikely person. But, hey, it's what God does, right? Using unlikely people to accomplish radical things for His glory?

I, I am small but
You, You are big enough
I, I am weak but
You, You are strong enough to
Take my dreams
Come and give them wings
Lord with You
Nothing I can not do


I don't know what my future holds, but I know the one who holds it. And he'll never let me down, ever.

About this whole campus ministry thing, I'm pretty nervous about pretty much all of it! I'm being sent to my high school, my mission field, I'm going to be labled as 'uncool'. but, I'm not afraid.. I know it's coming, or most likely already has, so no need to freak out. just reach out in love and with the hope and purpose that comes from Jesus. I'm freaked out about the whole speaking part of this... I'm shy, and writing is my way of getting it all out.

Andd, to set the world on fire for God, means that standing up for truth won't happen sitting down and staying "safe" in our "bubble" a.k.a comfort-zone. I've realized that if you truly want to live your life for God, then He has called you and me to step out side of that zone, and go all in for it. (aka shred the gnar) Living your life for God is alot more fun than going to the mall on a friday night or a movie on saturday could ever offer!

Doing hard things for God is fantastic... it's a part of living your life all out for God. Comfort zones need to go. You won't regret getting rid of them! No need to fear the unknown, just trust a known God with it, and you'll be fine.

My hands, my feet
My everything
My life, my love
Lord, use me

I wanna set the world on fire
I wanna set the world on fire, yeah

Take my dreams
Come and give them wings
Lord with You
Nothing I cannot do


Are you ready to live that life for God that He has called you to? You may be ready, but are you willing? Are you willing to put your relationships at risk? what your reputation? or even your job? or what about your very life? Are you ready to say to God, "Here am I, Send Me." ?

I can do everything through him who gives me strength. Philippians 4:13

Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" Isaiah 6:8

andd I'm gonna set the world on fire.


- Katelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment