Monday, May 17, 2010

No Title!

So, I’ve been reading this book, ‘Do Hard Things: A Teenage Rebellion Against Low Expectations’, and I don’t know why I stopped reading it for a while, but that book is absolutely incredible. I’m on chapter 11, and I have been pushed, challenged and encouraged to go all out for the glory of God. I mean, just reading about other teenagers who are doing things that seem completely crazy, but they’re doing it for God. They’ve found a cause that is bigger than they are and they’re rocking it.

I’m sitting in self development supposed to be writing about something… I don’t know. I’m glad we’re allowed to listen to music… and I’m glad I’m not sitting close to the teachers desk and glad that dimming the brightness on this screen is possible. Anyways, I was sitting here flipping through my music hoping to find something with a good beat that will tune out these guys who get on my nerves… and I found one! “Activate” by Stellar Kart.

Make a move
'Cause talk is really cheap
You'll never start a revolution
In your sleep
Showing love to everyone
Is what it's all about I think I'm ready to go

Don't stop 'til everybody knows

This is the purpose of my life
This is the reason I'm alive
Don't have time to wait
Activate, activate


I’m on the chapter that shares the stories of how other teens have been doing crazy awesome things that are a lot bigger than they are. Ever since I’ve started reading it again, it’s gotten me thinking of what I could do for God… but whatever that “big” thing may be, I’ve been warned that going at alone is a dumb choice. Whatever this big thing is, I’m in no matter what it is. Whether it’s starting a campus ministry and reaching out to the other 1,000 + people at my high school.. or whatever God has, I'm for it, and don't want to shut that door of opportunity with fear and/or pride.

It’s a task I can’t tackle alone, And I'm slowly learning to take things one at a time... I'm a slow learner, I guess.

Earlier, in last hour of school, I finished the book. Now, I've got to do a hard thing for the glory of God!

It'a almost my Junior year of high school, and I'm just now getting the fact that I need to take things one at a time and not try to tackle everything at once... it's an epic fail on my part. But, I'm totally hoping and praying that it has actually hit me, and I take this whole starting a campus ministry thing slowly. Maybe make a check list? Good grief, I hardely know where to start with that either! My grandpa told me I need to get my ducks in a row... geez grumpa, ya gotta be right?!

I know this will be hard, will be a slow start, but I know that if this is what God wants, then Kansas City, get ready for your world to be rocked!

Doing hard things for the glory of God, is well hard, but from what I've read in that book, it's all worth it. Every sweat, every tear, every put down, etc, is all worth it in the end. I guess what people expect when they do a hard thing for God, is imediate results, no tears, and less hard work... but it doesn't work like that.

I'm stoked and can't wait to see what'll happen! I know it will be hard, and I don't know what my future holds but I know who holds my future.

Check out the videos on this site: http://youth.ag.org/media/youthalive.cfm

2 comments:

  1. Well you've already started with one "big thing" -- posting this blog and sharing it with all of us :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks<3 It's more of a small big thing.(: but I'ma risk taker with writing exactly what I believe and holding nothing back... sharing the whole truth and nothing but that... even the truth about hell. (:

    ReplyDelete