Saturday, May 1, 2010

True Beauty Of A Woman

I'm just sitting here on couch thing in my bed room, and I have my mp3 player playing the song plain by Zoegirl and I love what the song has to say.


He made you feel plain
When he forgot your name
Well let me tell you something,
I have felt the same.
I know you're in pain
But there'll be another Boy along the way and
God he made you beautiful and
There's nothing about you thats plain.


I bet it does make you feel plain when that guy you're dating decides that the other girl who sits in front of him in class with the most immodest clothing on everyday, that's school "appropriate". He likes looking at her legs, her chest, lets just say he has a way of "undressing" her with his eyes... (seeing a guy do this to another girl who is not his wife or girlfriend, is slightly beyond disturbing...)

I have a feeling that when you read that, you were thinking something about the way you look and about how much you fail to reach something that this world has defined as "perfection" . I know I fail at that, but I don't care. This world doesn't even know the first thing about a woman's true beauty. It's on the inside.


You tell me you're not the type
The kind of girl that they like
And your a little insecure about
How you look in their eyes.
Well fashion will change,
Trends come and go everyday,
But God only made one of you and
There's nothing about you thats plain


Is it possible to count how many times we've been to someplace like wal-mart, or whereever that has magazines by the checkout line, and practically stared at that magazine of that chick and thinking "man, I wish I looked like that" ? Probably not possible... because we do it everytime.

No one looks like the "person" in the magazine... it's called photoshop. Those people don't even like that. So why the heck are we even bothering with wishing to meet the worlds unrealistic definition for 'beauty' ?

You know I've had my days,
When I feel out of place....yea
I look at who I am,
Cover what I can ,
I wish it all would change. But...
Take the makeup away
You see the same girl still remains..
She may not feel that beautiful
But theres nothing about her thats plain.


You know you have those days where you just wish you looked like that person in the magazine that you saw yesterday. Or maybe you wish that you looked better? Why bother comparing yourself to a photoshopped photo? Is it really worth it? I don't think so.

"The LORD does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart."

If you'd just take that make-up away and not wear it, I bet you'd feel more beautiful without it than you do with it on... just know who you are in God's sight.
God made you beautiful and there's nothing about you that's plain. I have days where I don't wear makeup, and I feel better without than I do with it... that is when I don't let the world bring me down.

You are a jewel you're a treasure
You are one of a kind and
You shine just a bright as
The stars in the sky.
You're a rare kind of wonder created just right
So keep your head up no matter the pain
Theres nothing about you thats plain.

See your mind, it is precious
Though your heart may be restless
And your eyes they will see
All that you're meant to be
'Cause your spirit is strong
And your soul carries on
You'll keep your head up no matter the pain
There's nothing about you that's plain


You may have felt plain,
But...God, He knows your name
Let me tell you something,
There's nothing about you that's plain


I don't get why women (not all but some) feel the need to wear clothing that reveals too much. What happend to modesty? Why must you wear clothes that will tempt a guy to cross the line with you in his mind? What about those Christian guys, who are fighting the fight of purity? Why disrespect them and tempt them to sin in their mind?

"And so, by sinning against the brethren and wounding their conscience when it is weak, you sin against Christ. Therefore, if food causes my brother to stumble, I will never eat meat again, so that I will not cause my brother to stumble.” 1 Corinthians 8:12-13

Every single lady is beautiful... whether we agree with that or not. God made them in His image. He loves them. He died for them.

Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised. Proverbs 31:30

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.

Friends, this world is not your home, so don't make yourselves cozy in it. Don't indulge your ego at the expense of your soul. Live an exemplary life among the natives so that your actions will refute their prejudices. Then they'll be won over to God's side and be there to join in the celebration when he arrives. 1 Peter 2:11-12

What matters is not your outer appearance—the styling of your hair, the jewelry you wear, the cut of your clothes—but your inner disposition. 1 Peter 3:3-4

And I want women to get in there with the men in humility before God, not primping before a mirror or chasing the latest fashions but doing something beautiful for God and becoming beautiful doing it. 1 Timothy 2:9

If God created us, than what He says really does matter and we should take it seriously.

Here's something that's on this piece of paper that I have up on my bed room wall:

"The beauty of a woman, isn't in the clothes she wears. The figure that she carries or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that's the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. The true beauty of a woman is reflected by her soul. It's the caring that she gives and the passion that she shows. And the beauty of a woman, with passing years, only grows."


P.S There's nothing about you that's plain<3





No comments:

Post a Comment