Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Everyday God

I'm really convinced that if you truly love God, as you may say you do, then He is your number one. Your only one. Your only desire. Your only love. Your only hope. Your one pursuit. Your everything. He's THE one. He is for me! I may only be a teenager, but don't look down upon me, God can use me just like He can use someone older than me. God rocked my world and He can rock yours as well.

Up here on this mountain I gasp at the view
This feeling inside me is 'cause of this fire for You
But the wind of the world will eventually take me down
Life has a way through my everyday of taking Your crown


I posted those lyrics from Jonny Diaz's song 'Everyday God' , and this song reminded me that if we truly love God, then we shouldn't let anything/anyone come between the two of us. Don't allow anything to take away the thrown that so rightfully belongs to God. Let Him be Lord over your life... not some guy or some girl you just met like five seconds ago and you're already saying things like "I love him/her soo much!" You know what, if you told me that, either I'd slap you (I'm kidding, I'd get introuble for that!) or I'd look you straight in the eyes and tell you "No you do not... You just met them. " Love does not operate that way... Check out 1 Cor. 13... a.k.a the love chapter

Love never gives up.
Love cares more for others than for self.
Love doesn't want what it doesn't have.
Love doesn't strut,
Doesn't have a swelled head,
Doesn't force itself on others,
Isn't always "me first,"
Doesn't fly off the handle,
Doesn't keep score of the sins of others,
Doesn't revel when others grovel,
Takes pleasure in the flowering of truth,
Puts up with anything,
Trusts God always,
Always looks for the best,
Never looks back,
But keeps going to the end.


That's what love truly is. Love is amazing, please stop abusing it.

When God is your number one, the person you marry is number two. Don't let number two take your focus away from God. As a quote states, and I believe it should go both ways, "A woman should be so lost in God, that a man must seek Him first in order to find her." That quote reminds me that if we love God the way He loves us, we'll be lost in Him. Lost in His amazing love. His consuming fire. That when we truly are lost in God, if someone wants to date you, they will need to seek Him first, and have a passion for Him that nothing can extinguish, and then you two can date... correctly. Not taking things too fast.

Schedules and deadlines, all the good things that I do/
Replace the great, replace the space that has the shape of You/
But mountaintop praise on everyday days returns my heart to the truth that I am loved by You


I hate it when I allow things in my own life to take over the thrown of God... Not only have I allowed things, but I've allowed people to as well. It's not good for me or you to allow that to happen. We must keep our eyes on Jesus at all times.

2Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Hebrews 12:2

Allow me to ask you this, is there anything or anyone that has taken over the thrown of God in your life? Is He Lord over your life or is something or someone else "lord" of your life? Examine your own life. Keep it between you and God. Don't lie. Be honest.

And if there is anything, or if you couldn't find anything, ask God to help you to find it if there is anything there. If there is, will you commit to something that I've commited to in October of 2008?

Hillsong United was on stage leading worship, and I remember crying my eyes out, hands raised, surrendering everything to God... and this is what I said, "God I want you to be my one and only. My one pursuit. God I can't do this without you. I need you. Be Lord over my entire life. Take over. Consume me like a fire. I love you, you're my everything."

'Cause You are the God of amazing views
And You are the God of my everyday, too
When I am down in the valley below
I will sing of Your love so that others can know


Let God be the God of your everyday too... Keep Him your main focus. Nothing or no one else deserves to be Lord over your life but God and God alone.

Amen.


- Katelyn

awesome music to go and listen to on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCunuL58odQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4utIQEfXRc0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAwigrJ3Cyc

there's only one thing I can say:
♥♥I LOOOVEEE JESUS!!♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment