Friday, April 2, 2010

Extraordinary

I chose that title because that's what is on the gray bracelet that's on my right and has been there since 2008 and it says 'Extraordinary'.

I got it at a youth convention thing in Branson, Missouri October 16-17th of 2008. That weekend is so impossible to forget... Life to a one-eighty and I loved it!

That one-eighty degree turn all happened while Hillsong United was on stage leading worship, and I don't remember what song it was, but that's not what really matters... what matters is that it was an unforgetable moment in my 14 years of life... I may have only been 14, but I knew something or possibly someone was missing that wasn't there, but should be there.

In that moment I remember both hands were raised, tears flowed during it all, and I had this feeling, I wasn't sure exactly what it was doing, (and I still don't know! but I love it!) but I'm certainly sure I knew who it was..-----JESUS!----

And at that moment, in that place, I felt alive for the VERY first time ever in my life.

See, I grew up in church my entire life without that relationship with Jesus... and, back then, if you were to ask me this question, "Do you know Jesus?" I'd say "Well, yeah... I know who Jesus is.." The answer to that actually is this, "I've grown up being told amazing things about Him, but all I know is that he loves me, and that he died for me and he rose again..."

See, I knew he loved me, -people told me he did- but I, personally have NEVER felt Gods' love until those nights in Branson. I also knew that he died and rose again, but they didn't mean anything to me until then, when I gave up EVERYTHING to Him. a.k.a surrendered... (there is only one thing we must surrender, and that one thing is EVERYTHING.)

I can't describe the feeling into terms that one may understand... but once you've encountered God, there are simply no words that will ever come close to even starting to explain it. But once you've encountered God, you will never be same.

Ever since those two God-encountering nights, I've kept that bracelet on and it's made me smile...--not the bracelet itself, but the story behind it-

I bought a t-shirt there that says 'Jesus Makes Me Smile' it may be cheesy, but I don't care.

Yes, I may only be 16, but guess what? I LOVE JESUS and the world isn't changing that... no matter what.

"For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demans, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation will be able to seperate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." - Romans 8:38-39

"Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us." - Romans 8:35,37

Just in case you didn't hear me, I LOVEEEEE JESUS!!!!! :)

And here are some lyrics from the song 'The Power Of Your Name' by Lincoln Brewster that say it alot better than I could.... ,

Surely nations were not made for war
Or the broken meant to be ignored
Surely this just can't be what You saw
Let Your Kingdom come
Here in my heart

I will live
To carry Your compassion
To love a world that's broken
To be Your hands and feet
I will give
With the life that I've been given
And go beyond religion
To see the world be changed
By the power of Your name

Surely life wasn't made to regret
And the lost were not made to forget
Surely faith without action is dead
Let Your Kingdom come
Lord break this heart

That song is amazing. and I say we get out there and swallow our pride, and go and relationally and relentlessly share the gospel with our friends, family, stangers, co-workers, whoever, whereever, whenever. I don't give a care if you don't like them, it's HELL without Jesus.

Did you hear me? HELL. If you truly do believe in God, heaven, hell, the power of the gospel, how much do you seriously have to HATE someone to NOT share the good news with them? What if they died tomorrow? What if they died today? in the next 30 minutes or less? What are you going to do? share Jesus with them. Don't you dare say 'they'll hate me...' NO, they will HATE you if you don't share Jesus with them.

Jesus said, "Everyone therefore who shall confess Me before men, I will also confess him before My Father who is in heaven. But whoever shall deny Me before men, I will also deny him before My Father who is in heaven." (Matthew 10:32-33)

Stats prove that 10 out of 10 people die. Death is certain... life is not. What will you do to make an eternal difference in someones life...TODAY?

So, swallow your pride, get out of your 'comfort zones' and go share Jesus! It'll make a difference. Maybe not at first, but it will... living in a world where instant gratification is expected, we'll get dissappointed if God doesn't do what we think he should do. He does what pleases Him... He's God, we are not, we can't tell Him what to do.

I dare you to share Jesus with someone... TODAY!


- Katelyn

oh btw, Jesus Makes Me Smile. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment