Friday, March 26, 2010

Untitled (For Now)

I've been thinking for hours of a good title for this... and what do I come up with? Nothing. Ok, well, that's not entirely true.. I had the title "Life?" but I didn't really like that one too much. Hm, I'll stop explaining why I don't have a good title, and I'll just get to the point of me writing this in the first place.


I'm not sure where exactly to start with this, so, I'll just go for the one I'm thinking of.

It was yesterday, 3/25/10, that I was talking to my friend Chris on facebook about the site that I had made. - http://one80turn.ning.com - I only made it because one of my friends wanted to listen to the song 'Because You're Mine' by Building429 and neither of us could find the song anywhere. (but if you want to listen to it, it's on the site I just told you about.) And we were talking about a contest thingy on there, and he said he'll send something out to the group "The New Breed For The Cause (A Devotional Group)" . I told him I'd send it out, but I'm not in the mood. Life took an unwanted one eighty on me.

If you know the story, fine, if you don't, you won't for a while... Unless someone can't keep their mouth shut. I don't want certain people to know... I'll get preached at, and then I won't talk to them for awhile... or maybe a long time. Depends on the person and/or on what they say. And don't ask for anyone to tell you either.

Anyways, I digress. Back to the point.

So after I told him that life took a one eighty, he said something like 'life is really good at that..' and all I planned on saying was 'yeah, I know.' but it got me thinking about what life really is and what it means... and what did Jesus mean when he talked about life.

Even though those three words were all that I wanted to put, I ended up putting something like this: I'm not sure if what I'm going through, you could label as 'life'... cuz in John 10:10, Jesus says that he has come so that you may have life and life to the fullest. And I really don't think what's happened to me, is the life that Jesus was talking about. Or maybe he ment something like in this world, you're going to have trouble, but to take heart because he's overcome the world. (John 16:33) and maybe he ment that even though you go through alot of things, you'd much rather not have to face, - and at times you'll feel all alone. Although that's not true at all. God promised he'd always be there... whether we feel him there or not.-

Even though we have trouble here and now, we should praise God anyways. Why? He saved you from hell didn't he? and by trusting in Him alone, you'll have eternal life. "Just as Moses lifted up the snake in the desert, so the Son of Man must be lifted up, that everyone who believes in him may have eternal life." - John 3:14-15

God is that one person you should turn to. He's a better listener than we ever will be. He knows our pain. Not only does he know it, he understands exactly how it feels. He'll listen. He cares. He loves. He understands. He , unlike us, actually sticks to His word. He's the only one I know that will keep all of his promises.

So, what'll it be? When you have hard times, what are YOU going to do? let them get the best of you? Worry? Cry? Depressed? Or are you going to praise God anyways? And say even though this is crappy, and I don't like it, if it brings God glory then let the waters rise. He was faithful before and he'll do it again.

Revelation 21:4 "He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.”

Psalm 119:67-71 "Before I was afflicted I went astray,
but now I obey your word.

68 You are good, and what you do is good;
teach me your decrees.

69 Though the arrogant have smeared me with lies,
I keep your precepts with all my heart.

70 Their hearts are callous and unfeeling,
but I delight in your law.

71 It was good for me to be afflicted
so that I might learn your decrees"

1 Peter 1:6-7 "In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials."

1 Peter 2:21-24 "To this you were called, because Christ suffered for you, leaving you an example, that you should follow in his steps. "He committed no sin, and no deceit was found in his mouth." When they hurled their insults at him, he did not retaliate; when he suffered, he made no threats. Instead, he entrusted himself to him who judges justly. He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; by his wounds you have been healed."

Daniel 3:16-18 "Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego replied to the king, "O Nebuchadnezzar, we do not need to defend ourselves before you in this matter. 17 If we are thrown into the blazing furnace, the God we serve is able to save us from it, and he will rescue us from your hand, O king. 18 But even if he does not, we want you to know, O king, that we will not serve your gods or worship the image of gold you have set up."

Romans 12:14 "Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse."

Philippians 1:19-26 "Yes, and I will continue to rejoice, 19for I know that through your prayers and the help given by the Spirit of Jesus Christ, what has happened to me will turn out for my deliverance.[a] 20I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but will have sufficient courage so that now as always Christ will be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death. 21For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. 22If I am to go on living in the body, this will mean fruitful labor for me. Yet what shall I choose? I do not know! 23I am torn between the two: I desire to depart and be with Christ, which is better by far; 24but it is more necessary for you that I remain in the body. 25Convinced of this, I know that I will remain, and I will continue with all of you for your progress and joy in the faith, 26so that through my being with you again your joy in Christ Jesus will overflow on account of me."

1 Peter 5:7 "Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you."


- Katelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment