Thursday, February 10, 2011

Seventy Times Seven.


It seems like that no matter how many times I hear this song by Chris August, I'm still going to cry... It's tough writing this, and I don't know where this is going to go. But I heard this song twice on K-LOVE today... and I've always wanted them to play it, and it's nice that they are.. but this song brings back painful memories and the moment of healing for me. See, it took me a while to know that to truly, fully heal from the pain I had, was to forgive. As much as I thought I had the right to be mad at my dad for what he's done, I forgive him and still love him tons. I don't want him to forget that, ever. I don't want him to forget that his youngest daughter loves her daddy regardless of what I've been put through.



In Matthew 18:21-22, Peter asked Jesus how many times we should forgive our brother or sister.. His answer was seventy times seven. God has called us to forgive. It's one of the most difficult things I've had to do, but it was also one of the most freeing things. With forgiveness comes healing.. I know that Satan likes to use the bitterness that we've all built up in our lives to his advantage. The only thing Satan wants to do, is destroy us, steal from us, and make sure we're killed.. Satan's an accusor, he wants you to think that your situation is all your fault... That's what he did to me, and I bought his lie... and soo many others that he whispered so convincingly into my teenage ears...



Forgiveness isn't exactly easy, but it brings healing. I was told in my situation, to get help from a counselor.. and that's what I did. and then I was told that healing hurts, it does. Sorta feels like a thorn being pulled out. but as much as it hurts, the healing is soooo much greater!!! And needed.



With forgiveness comes healing.. :)






1 comment:

  1. That's my God alright! Restoring and healing is what He does best! I rejoice in your victory through Christ. God bless you, sister! (:

    ReplyDelete