Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Don't Let Fear Be A Factor..

Definition: the extent to which a person's fear keeps them from doing something;
any feeling of fear that prevents an action.

I couldn't tell you how many times fear has been a factor when it comes to being bold about Jesus and my faith.. It's played a factor for too long. I know it still will be there, but I don't need to let it stop me from sharing the greatest message ever... I may be shy, and feel like I'm not good enough at times, but my feelings of inadequacy haven't stopped God from using who He pleases.

But my feelings of fear when sharing Jesus isn't whether or not I'll fit in for it, or if people will like me... but it's more of not knowing what to say. I know that at times, I get a little frustrated with people when I'm talking with them about God. And it's been a struggle to choose to love and let that overcome the frustration.. I want to love like Jesus loves. I want to live like Jesus did when He was here 2,000 years ago and lived the life I couldn't have lived, and died the horrible death that I should have gotten. but He took my place. He died to prove that He loves me more than I'll ever know... [ He loves you too as if you were the only one to love.

I know that while I'm still here, I'm going to feel like I'm not good enough to go and tell the greatest message ever to people I know or don't know. It's scary. But I know that God loves me, and His love compels me to do what He's called me to do. I, like every single Christian, are called to share His love with those who are around us... whether we know them or not. Without Jesus, the eternal destination for those who willingly reject Him is still the same... it's eternal seperation from God in a place that alot of people don't like to bring up... [ Hell. ]

I pray your heart is breaking for those who don't know Him or have chosen to walk away... Mine is. and it hurts.. but I'm praying for them that their eyes will be opened to the truth and that they'll accept Jesus... and I'm praying that even though alot of us don't feel good enough to do what God's called us to do, that we'll know that in our weakness, He is strong. and we don't need to let fear be a factor in that.

I hope you've been encouraged(: [Some how]

"For the Son of Man came to seek and to save what was lost." -Luke 19:10-

Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” -Matthew 28:18-20-

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. -John 3:16-17


For to us a child is born,
to us a son is given,
and the government will be on his shoulders.
And he will be called
Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. -Isaiah 9:6-


For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day. -John 6:40

We love because he first loved us. -John 4:19

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. -Romans 8:28


“no eye has seen, no ear has heard,
and no human mind has conceived—
the things God has prepared for those who love him— 1 Corinthians 2:9

Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. -Ephesians 4:2

For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. -Romans 8:38-39

"For Christ’s love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died. -2 Corinthians 5:14









No comments:

Post a Comment