Saturday, March 26, 2011

Simply Awesome. (: (It's a rant about today.)

Today was just that, awesome... and nothing less. (Minus getting up at 4am, that in itself, was not awesome...) Actually, now that I think about it, that word is an understatement. I guess to put in a way that'll make sense, I guess I'm just in awe of God and well, set that aside for a moment, and let me say "why" this is what it is.. Today we (some people in the youth group) went to Fine Arts in Columbia, Missouri. I, at first, truly thought that it was just going to be boring, and I would have wasted my day that I wouldn't have anything planned on anyway. Well, I was proven wrong and I'm glad. I like traveling, and it was well worth it.

I wrote something for Fine Arts. I guess you could say corrected something that I had already written. And that got a 31 in scoring which is 'excellent'. (: And no, I didn't read it. I chose not to. I was too afraid of being afraid while reading it in front of people. Prayerfully later on, I'll force my self to face that giant of fear and take it out with faith!

I wish I had the words to clearly describe how awesome it's been. But my words fail at describing something (God) that's indescribable. But I can try and explain that He blew me away today in so many ways. (Makes me really grateful He gave me this gift of writing to spread THE Cause.) And since it is 12:33 a.m., I'll only talk about one main thing that I'm still amazed at..

I'm amazed at the fact that God chooses to use people like me who are shy for His glory.. People whom the world seems to push aside and deem unworthy and just not care about. But I love how God seems to flip that idea on it's head and use those same people the world looks down upon to bring Himself glory, and to save others from an eternity apart from Him in Hell.. I'm grateful God is who He is and that He gave me this gift of writing. I just pray that even though it is almost 1a.m, that this makes sense that no matter how crumby this world makes you feel, God can still use you..

You don't need a million dollars to be used by the God of the universe.. all you need is a willing, surrendered heart to what He wants to do in this world through you. As I like to say, you may not change the entire the world.. but you can change yours. And then teach your friends how to change theirs!! For God!

Are you willing to be used by the God of the universe? I am.
If you are, comment and let me know... and be praying for one another. because we all know this isn't easy. but I pray that we're aware that it's worth it. (:

- Katelyn. (:



Oh and I'm prayerfully considering (that after I turn 18 next year) Masters Commissions. (Google it. because I'm confused on explaining it.) (:

6 comments:

  1. I am completely ready to follow in whatever way God leads me Kate. My heart is on fire for him. I want to change the way my friends and the world see me. I just wanna follow God no matter what! Love ya sis!
    Kailee =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah!! I'm completely amazed by God this entire weekend! With realizing that God is super Holy.. I'm nothing without Him. and that He loves me. No matter what happens. and with that said, I'm really grateful for how God has chosen to work through me.. and that you've chosen to follow Him no matter what. Even if life gets tough, our God is greater and we'll follow Him where ever He leads. Such a great response to His free grace.(:

    I'm proud of you, Kailee! and I'm always praying for you and for others. :)
    Love you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stupid blogger.. I hit the exclamation point, and it shows up as an l.. made me feel like I just called you a tool.. lol. but a tool to be used by and for God for His glory alone. (:
    And if that's the case, you and I (and others) are tools to be used by God. (:

    It was awkward when I realized that. but none the less awesome (: Lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well anyway thanks! And prayers are appriceated. I know I need them to be able to follow him in all that he leads me to.

    And I love ya even if I am a tool to you! Ha

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're welcome! Maybe I should change the font so it doesn't look like I'm calling you a tool (: although, it's true, it's just awkward. but that's awesome anyways. (: Lol. (:

    ReplyDelete