Monday, June 6, 2011

Making This Summer Worth It

Writing this is worrying me a little. I seem to always be a little nervous when I write something. I don't know how it'll come together or how it'll be taken by those who read it. Agh! Just so frustrating for me. I guess another part of why I'm frustrated is that I wish I was at home in my room with a computer that would charge. Mine stopped charging a few days ago - It's been a frustrating yet growing experience for me. I've really loved these days that I've had so far. I was reading my bible and focusing on "one thing" has really helped me.

Over the past few weeks, I've read things about not letting this summer go to waste and be stuck in spiritual apathy. After I read them, I knew I had to make sure this summer won't get flushed down the toilet. I'm not exactly sure how well it'll work, but I'm praying it will. My summer breaks aren't exactly something I want to waste on things like playing video games, or watching movies/TV all the time and things like that. I just want to make it a summer of evangelism.

I'm going to do whatever I can to share Jesus with those who are willing to listen.. and pray for those who aren't as willing to listen. I have a feeling it won't be easy, it may feel awkward, I may get mocked, I may get laughed at or yelled at. But all those things don't matter, I know that there's a pay off of seeing God work in and through someone who is ready and willing to be used for something awesome. :]

But here's my question for you, and answer it honestly, What is your summer going to contain of? Will you be glad with how your spent your summer when fall comes around? Here's my challenge for you: Don't waste this summer! No one's promised tomorrow. Every second someone in the world dies. What if one of those seconds this summer, it's one of your friends or a family member who doesn't know Jesus? Do you want to risk that for the sake of doing "fun" things that won't mean much of anything in the fall?

I also have another question, is your heart aching for those who don't know Jesus as their Lord and Savior? If it's not, it needs to be. People are lost, dying and desperate for something real and this world fails them at every turn. They need Jesus. No matter how much or how many times they attempt to consume more of this world, they're still going to feel empty.

Of course temporal satisfaction can be found in this world. But they never last. We want more. We always want more. And unfortunately, no human being has found anything under the sun that'll bring them true lasting satisfaction... and so we consume more, all in the hopes that one day it'll fill us up, but it doesn't.. However, there is hope. In Jesus, satisfaction is found. Grace, Love, Peace, Hope, Comfort, Joy, Meaning..etc, it's all in Jesus. And there's always more. Consume more of Jesus. He never fails us. ever. It's Him who saves. He who gives us what we need. It's all in Him. Don't get it twisted.♥

I've got one more question, what are you willing to risk to go and tell your friends that there is hope and true life in Jesus? Are you willing to face the fact that it's possible that friend may never talk to you again? Or that you'll lose your "cool" all because you were willing to be uncool for the sake of what you believe? Or that you could go from the "cool kid" to the one that gets laughed at and ends of sitting alone during lunch? I'll tell you that it's scary and it's not easy. But you're never alone in this. You've got the God of the universe in you and by you. He'll never leave you ever. He's there to give you strength when you feel like you can't go on anymore. It's urgent that you tell others about Jesus.

Don't let this summer or the days/summers to come go to waste. They're important and so are your friends. Will you tell them they matter or will you let them keep wandering searching for meaning and ending up discouraged because they're still empty?

-- I can't finish this, so I'll end it with this..

Get up off the couch. and reach your friends for Jesus. (Yes, that is a challenge to every single Christian out there.. You in? I am.)

Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” -Matt. 28:18-20
For the Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost.” - Luke 19:10
But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.” -Acts 1:8
After they prayed, the place where they were meeting was shaken. And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and spoke the word of God boldly. -Acts 4:31

4 comments:

  1. I read your comment on my blog. I understand exactly where you're coming from because my home life has been the same for much of my teenage years. And it is really hard. But you have nothing to fear. The Bible says do not fear 365 times (one for each day obviously:) and that's because as long as we have Jesus there is nothing to fear. You have alot of time for God to prepare you to be a parent. So don't worry about that. He has your back. And I will be praying for you. If you ever need to talk let me know. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks (: My moms been the one to raise both me and my older sister. She's tried to be both mom and dad. It just doesn't work. That's not how God intended marriage or raising kids to be. It's tough. But, by God's grace alone, I'm getting through it. One step at a time.
    As long I focus, not on worldly things, but on Jesus, I'll be just fine.. It was when Peter took his eyes off Jesus that he began to sink. I don't want to be like Peter in that moment..
    but yeah, thanks(:

    If you have a facebook, you can add me on there (:

    God bless you too(:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I know exactly how that is!! Same here. And no, its not the way God intended marriage. And exactly!! I love that! I learned that a year ago that it was because Peter took his eyes off Christ that he began to sink. You might find my latest post of interest (hope you don't mind I kinda tagged you in it hehe:) Love ya'! Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen! :)
    and I commented on it! Thanks for posting it!
    I appreciate that!

    ReplyDelete