Thursday, February 23, 2012

Dare 2 Share

**I had written this post a while ago, but felt I didn't do it justice. So, here I go again a couple months later... and these are my thoughts as clear as I can get them right now.**

I have come to over the years, really appreciate the Dare 2 Share team and what they do for youth leaders and teenagers like me through free resources on their website and time spent preparing for conferences in different cities in the U.S. I just don't know if they're aware of how awesome and appreciated they truly are for all their hard work that seems to pay off some how.

  • I remember my first Dare 2 Share conference in 2007 in Lincoln, Nebraska. It was "Game Day", I don't remember the first one too well, except for the fact that we skipped lunch because the lines were crazy long and ended up going to a children's museum there. (The pictures from the 2007 conference/children's museum are on my FaceBook page.) And I remember the Game Day jersey that Greg wore. But that's pretty much all I remember, except for the fact that I thought he and the others were a bit crazy over this Jesus guy.
  • I don't really remember the 2nd(08)year but at the 3rd one, I cried during worship because I was so amazed that Jesus loved a sinner like myself. That was something that had wrecked my world October 17th, 2008 in Branson, Missouri at a youth convention. I couldn't tell you who was leading worship or even what song they sung when I had my encounter with God and His love set me free. It was really awesome.
  • I don't really remember the 4th year either, but I really messed something up and I hope she forgives me because I'm sorry I screwed up and should've kept my mouth shut. But I do remember Saturday night when Greg said my name from the stage (I, in all honesty, have no clue what Greg said after my name, except for "I know she's here, I haven't met her yet. Where is she?" I wish I knew) and majority of my youth group stood up, pointed to me and shouted, "She's right here!!!" Yeah, so much for slumping down in my seat. I felt like such an emotional wreck, that was a hard weekend, and it was my fault for it too. But that moment, changed everything. So, thank-you, Greg. I know he didn't plan for it to happen at all, but I'm thankful he did it anyways. I don't know how I would've faced the next 7 months of my life had he not done that and those people wouldn't have added me on FaceBook who were a big help for me and what I was going through. (To read what happened, because I know you're curious now, click here
  • 5th year, well, I wrote a post on that one. - click here.
  • 6th year, my "last" year as a student. It made me sad, I'll admit. I so very much appreciate them and all the hard work they do to put together these conferences that are used by God to change lives, like mine. I know it was my last year, so I decided to make a little something for Greg and Zane. It was a THE Cause key chain. It was small, but it was my little way of saying "thank you". I don't know what they've done with the key chains, but I just want them to know they're appreciated and that I'm just one of thousands impacted by what God's done through these two and the rest of the Dare 2 Share team that are behind the scenes.

Now, I feel like I've done a better job of putting my thoughts together. I'm no pro, but these guys are legit and I appreciate them.




-------------------------------
Dare 2 Share's 2013 Tour - "Follow" - Click on "Follow" to go to the site and find more info there. They're worth checking out. They have free resources too.

Side note: I would never recommend checking out any ministry if I don't first fully believe in what they're doing. 
------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment