Sunday, October 3, 2010

Faith Muscles Need Exercise :)

I probably have had one of the best days ever. Did I do anything special? Nope. I just started my day off right. No I'm not going to say something along the lines of having a hearty breakfast, but I did spend four hours of 'God and me time' with reading my bible. It was perfectly peaceful... two words that describe my day are the ones I just used... (perfectly peaceful) I'm not going to brag about it, but I was pretty happy to read my bible this morning.. :)

I was listening to klove and the pastors on there talking about faith and it being a muscle, and without exercise, it will not get any stronger. Starving yourself spiritually, is like being physically tiny. Being physically "tiny" isn't always a bad thing, but being spiritually tiny, isn't good. We gotta work those faith muscles. We gotta read God's word. (The best time is in the morning.)

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come." 1 Timothy 4:8

But, I've been thinking lately, (that's nothing new :) ) and it seems that I love Jesus more and more with each passing day. He's incredible. I'm attempting to start a habit of reading my bible and praying in the mornings... So far, it seems to working great.

I don't think I'll post this one on facebook, but I needed to "vent" on my blog. (: It seems like over the half the time, I don't want to write in my journal, but I "write" on my blog. ahh, I love it.


No comments:

Post a Comment