Sunday, October 10, 2010

I'll Follow You, No Matter What... 10.17.2008

 Well, a few days ago, on the seventh, I realized that it's October. :) I'm not huge on Halloween, and this isn't what it's about at all... but two years ago (2008) on the 17th of this month, I went to a youth convention in Branson, Missouri, and well, I am who I am today because of what happened there. I had one incredible encounter with God. (Incredible falls short of what happened that night during worship.) Hillsong United was leading worship, and I wish I could've remembered what song it was, so I could play it again, and post it here. But I don't know what song it was, and while I may not remember that, I remember exactly what happened when everyone in that room was singing and worshipping God.



Two words will describe what I felt, 1. Freedom and 2. I felt alive for the very first time in my 14 years of life. That was two years ago, and I still feel the same way... Only then, that feeling was stronger. (It's better than anything this world can ever offer... although it tries, and fails, misserably.) But God never fails. I really do wish I had the words to describe what I felt, but I don't, so to the best of my small ability to describe them, I shall make an attempt to make it understandable to anyone who reads this... I'll keep it clear. :)

There's two incredible things that happened that night for me, one of them is, while my hands were raised, my world was rocked by the power of God, and I made a promise to Him. That promise is that no matter what life throws my way, I'll follow You no matter what. Two incredible things dramatically changed my young life til the very day I "die". Dying, and knowing that beyond a shadow of a doubt that I'm saved, isn't an ending, it's a continuation of what God started within me... simply put, life with Jesus starts now and lasts forever... and nothing, not even death has the power to seperate me from God.

Romans 8:38-39 says,
                  "For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."



The few things that hit me that night there in Branson, have forever changed me and continue to do so. If one thing is for sure, I'm not who I was, but I'm also not quite to being finished by God either. It's a work in progress... and I'm still learning and I love it.

Remember that promise that I made and told you about whenever you read it? That and God's faithfulness has helped me get throu so many things that I hated going throu... There's atleast three things that come to mind, and note, I do not talk about this often, and it's a little painful to talk about, but I've come along way since then. (If you've helped me throu them, then you'll know what I mean.)

1. My dad was never there at all. (He was physically, but nothing more.) I know he chose to be like that, only because that's the kind of dad he grew up with, and that's all he knew... but still, he had two choices... he chose the wrong one.
2. My parents are divorced.
3. I found out through a text message (from my grandpa to my mom) that my dad's getting remarried.

They all have caused me pain and made me question fathers... and number, caused the worst pain I've ever known. It lasted for 6 months. It was hell. I was in my room crying my eyes out and blaming myself... it took the seasons going by to realize its not my fault. It's still a very sensitive topic, and I really lose respect for people who are negative about it and say some bad things towards my dad... I do not appreciate it or them for it. It gets really personal when someone does that. Normally, I automatically get ticked off at the person who did it and want to leave the room. sometimes I get yelled for either going off on the person that said it, or leaving so i won't go off on them... and very rarely will I get an appology for it. (P.S don't bring it up in person, unless I start it... and watch what comes out of your mouth.)

Ephesians 4:29
                   "Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen."

Their negative words hurt more than they know. But even through the negativity, and the crying, and the anger and floods of emotions, God was still there right next to me... Whether I felt Him there or not. I've never appreciated fathers day... I basically refused to go to church on fathers day.

I know I've been throu alot, but it's only because of God that I made it through those trying times in my young life. I didn't make it through them on my own, I asked for help from a counselor. Does that make me weak? No, it just means that I'm strong enough to realize I'm too weak to make it through on my own.

Why did I tell you what I went through? To hopefully use it to make my point whatever that may be. I heard somewhere that you'll never know what someone has been through or is going through by looking at them and judging them for how they look. Looks don't make someone's personality. They can paint on a smile, but it doesn't mean they're happy... They can wear a long sleeved shirt, but that doesn't mean they've never slit their wrists before, or that they don't have scars on their wrists from it... or that when they get home, they'll try, for tenth time to kill themselves because no one gives a crap anymore to show them that they're loved regardless of the cut marks that they may cover up... They could have just lost someone very close to them.


Who are 'They' exactly? They are the people who see everyday. They are the people you know personally. They are every human being on this messed up planet... It's the person who is found sitting alone at lunch, it's the person you talk to every day, it's the person you pass by in the school hallways, it's the preppy cheerleader chasing boys because her own father failed her, it's the other girl who looks at herself in the mirror and is convinced she's not worth anything, it's the guy who wears those weird clothes and has those weird headphones and carriers weird things... See, my point here is simple yet hard to do, stop assuming for once. Reach out in love. Reach out to them with hope. Reach out to them with the message and mission of Jesus. It's hard, I know. but it's worth it.

Pray for the few people (3) that come to your mind for them to come to know Jesus for who He truly is.
Pursue the opportunities that God gives us everyday to share His love with those we meet.
Pursuade them with the truth in a real tangible loving way.

And do it this week. and then share with me how it goes. and I'll pray for who you're sharing with.

Share with one friend, one family member and one stranger.

I double dare you. I'm taking my own challenge as well.

Whose in with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment