Sunday, December 26, 2010

"When I Grow Up, I Don't Want To Be Anybody But Myself."

A month ago I was babysitting my little cousins, and we were waiting for my friend, Rosemary, to hurry up and come get in the car and hang out with me for awhile... well, while we were waiting, my three year old cousin randomly says, "When I grow up, I don't want to be anybody but myself." What she said seems to stick for me... Because that's all I want to be. Me. I want to be all that God calls of me to be. If I'm uncool for it, then so be it... I've never worried about fitting in, I'm me. I'm a teenager who loves Jesus more than my very own life.


I've been thinking about that quote, and I'm really going to apply it more to my life each day. I just want to be me... and that's that. I'm not worried about fitting in, I'm me.. and if I have to, I'll form my own "clique" consisting of everyone that the world considers "junk" , "unwanted" , "unloved" , "loner" , "loser" , "emo" ... etc. You get the point. I don't care about cliques in this world.. (it just bothers the heck out of me when they're in churches... I just don't get that.)


It seems like when I say I just want to be me, people don't get it. I mean, I'm a teenager for one, and I'm a Christian. People don't expect anything from teens... and what about Christian teenagers? It's still the same... we're still teenagers, just ones who love Jesus. And what about when you say you want to reach the world for Jesus? Your friends? Your family? Strangers? All for Jesus? See, majority of adults don't expect us to understand and even if we understand, they don't expect us to care, and even if we care, they don't expect us to do anything about it... and even if we do do something about it, they don't expect it to last... and I'm just grateful I know alot of adults who aren't like that... hardly any of them are related to me. So a huge thankyou to those of you adults who actually believe in us younger people and challenge us to do what Jesus has said for all of us to do!!!


While I may not reach the whole world, I can reach mine. I can reach out to my friends, my family, strangers in my city. There's no limit on who God can use. He can use a new born baby to teach you something, you can use a kid like my little three year old cousin to teach you something, he can even use me... and you. You may be uncool, or a loner, or dress like your "emo", whatever... it doesn't matter, God doesn't have a limit anywhere. So we should stop trying to place our limits on God. We can't take over His throne, He's in charge. Not us. He will use what he wants, who he wants, where he wants, and how he wants. He is God. You are not. He will do what's right. If you have any problem with that, take it up with Him.

Oh and speaking about changing my world for Jesus, I'm soo glad that 2010 is almost over.! This year has been really tough... but I've learned alot. and I'm ready to take it with me into 2011.. I'm ready for what God has for me and this campus ministry and with Gospel Journey Maui that I have planned to be starting in February. I'm stoked. but nervous. :) and that's okay. because I know that God will do something there at my high school. Pray for me? I'm the student leader, and pray for everyone else. 2010, you've been crazy tough, and I'm ready for you to leave. :)





So go ahead, put it all in reverse. Die to yourself and live to serve. I refuse to sit and wait for someone else to do what God has called me to do myself... what about you?


“ no eye has seen,
no ear has heard,
and no human mind has conceived—
the things God has prepared for those who love him." -1 Corinthians 2:9-


Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity. -1 Timothy 4:12-


"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." -Jeremiah 29:11-


For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile. -Romans 1:16-


And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who[a] have been called according to his purpose. -Romans 8:28-

For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. -Romans 8:38-39-


Alight, I'm done ranting for now. :) I hope you got something out of it. :)



- Kate.

No comments:

Post a Comment