Monday, December 6, 2010

You Say I'm Already Beautiful.

It may be a little early to some, but I've already got my new year's resolution going. And, as the title says, it's about beauty. God already says I'm beautiful, and therefore, I don't need to wear make-up to feel that way.(and if I do wear it, it's because I want to... it's not because I've forgotten who I am and to who I belong to.)

I've been thinking, who do I value more? The approval of God or the approval of man? I know makeup makes someone beautiful on the outside, but that doesn't make their dark heart beautiful... Real beauty doesn't fade like outward beauty does. Real beauty is what's in you... and God says I'm beautiful, and He said He lives in me. I don't find my worth in worldly things, I don't find it in being a "rockstar", I find it in God alone.


Of course I have days when I feel out of place, I look at who I am on the outside, cover what I can, wishing it all would change, but take the makeup away, and you'll see that the same girl still remains. I may not feel all that beautiful, but there's nothing that's plain about me. God made me, He knows me, He loves me, and He doesn't make junk! God sees you as a masterpiece.


For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place,
when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.
Your eyes saw my unformed body;
all the days ordained for me were written in your book
before one of them came to be. - Psalm 139:13-16


Psalm 139:14, says that "I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. " Try this beauty tip: Every morning when you look in the mirror, say Psalm 139:14 and smile. You might even tape the verse on your mirror as a reminder!


I know where I'm putting it... On my mirror!! :) Speaking of Mirrors, Barlow Girl has a song titled "Mirror" :) Go listen to it.!





No comments:

Post a Comment