Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The Generous Mr. Lovewell

Ok, so to be honest, the fact that I'm going to be a Junior in High School in six weeks, really freaks me out a little. I wish that I wouldn't have wished to be older when I was in second grade... yeah, like that would have prevented it from happening to anyone. Well, now it has happened, and instead of it being nine years from now, it's six weeks. Agh! Well, I gave this the title 'The Generous Mr. Lovewell' because not only is it a good song by MercyMe, it's actually something that I've been commited to since the very start of my sophmore year at a new high school that's twice the size as the one I went to in kansas, and there's probably 700 more people in it. (Total there are 1,400 including me) As if I didn't feel "small" enough already?!

Listen to what the guys of MercyMe have to say about it. Note: They don't actually start talking about the song til it hits the three minute mark... ;D














Honestly, trying to be like the generous mr.lovewell, isn't exactly easy.... You're going to look dumb to some. And being mr.lovewell, just means that I'm willing to go that extra mile and love those teenagers at my high school well... and that's by telling them about the very thing that changed my life and gave me life, love, joy, peace, hope and a purpose to live... and there's nothing in this world that can take that from me. I may love life, but I love God more<3>
And therefore, I'm taking Jesus seriously when he says to go and make disciples. (Matthew 28:19)


I know you love your friends, and the last thing you'd ever want to do is put that friendship at risk over something so important like sharing Jesus with them. I'm a teenager, and my relationships mean alot to me... They mean so much to me that I'm willing to put them at risk over what I believe.... And my friends know that too... or they should. I love them way too much to ever let them go to hell. I know God loves them, and I love them too... that's why I refuse to be silenced about what's true. I don't care if it's uncool, or I'm uncool for it... whatever... I don't want to be cool, that's just not what matters to me. God gave me a purpose of living, and I really don't think that being "cool" is apart of that purpose.

If Jesus is willing to go to the cross and look stupid for us, are you going to be willing to look stupid for Him? Are you willing to go and tell your friends that God loves them? You're putting relationships on the line... and if you ask me, it's worth it all.♥ You say your friends will hate you for it, but, they'll hate you more if you don't tell them... what if they find out from a stranger that God loves them and died for them to prove it and that if they put their faith in Christ alone, that they can know for sure that when they die, they'll go to heaven. They may disown you as a friend, and may start some terrible untrue rumors, and could even beat you up for it... but it's all worth it.


I'm willing to put my relationships at risk, are you? Remember, it's worth it all.





- Katelyn<3

No comments:

Post a Comment