Thursday, July 29, 2010

What Started It All :)

-This would be my first thing that really got me into writing.... It is my first one. And, I will say this, it is most deffinately not my best one... but, it was a kick start to a new "passion" for me... I was thinking earlier, and when I was younger I had a journal, I remember what I would always write in it... it was more often then not, about my dad. I was mad at for not being the father he should be... Yes, it took me a while.. but I did forgive him... and I'm still learning.-

-Oh yeah, I used to write about something else when I was younger too... but you'd laugh at me for it.. its awkward, so I haven't really told anyone yet. but heck, I was a little kid and my "stories" were funny... or atleast that's what my family wanted me to think. :) haha-

So, here goes nothing:)... (it's not my favorite one at all)

-- June 17th 2009 --
Tonight, at church when people went to the alter they played the song Who Am I by Casting Crowns. God gave me the reminder that I often need whether I know it or not, that I am His. Oh, how often we need that reminder! It made me cry when I heard that song. I absolutly love that song along with 5000 other really good Christian songs. But, that's not my point here. My point is, is that we are Gods...and we need that reminder daily.

Well, I haven't told anyone about my parents and the divorce and that it hurts. alot. I know there is nothing I can do about the fact that my parents are officialy divorced. They have been divorced for a month and two days. And it hasn't gotten any easier. It sucks. I may have been fatherless as a child. But, here's something I love; "A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in his holy dwelling" -Psalm 68:5

A father to the fatherless is simply amazing. If I never knew Jesus, I would be searching for this Jesus and failing at every turn I'd take. I honestly could not tell you where I'd be if I didn't know Jesus because honestly, I don't want to know, ever. I can tell you where I was and that I'm not there anymore because I found this Jesus in Branson, Missouri at a youth convention in October of '08. I could not tell you what I felt but I can tell you who I felt more than ever, that "who" is JESUS! I remember it like it was yesterday. I know where I was standing and what song Hillsong United was playing. The song was From The Inside Out. Jesus changed me from the inside out.

It doesn't matter what I go through, how I see the circumstances is all about a choice. I can stay here and tell you over and over again how much it sucks that my parents are not together anymore and I can tell you alot of things you probably don't care about...but, I'm not going to. I will say this, and it's a quote, "I can not say I believe. I know! I have been gripped by something far stronger than myself. --something people call God."

No comments:

Post a Comment